Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Total Lunar Eclipse from Florida!

I am sure no astronomer (like Carl Sagan, though), but took the opportunity to take some crappy pictures of the total lunar eclipse last night and early today, December 20 -21, 2010.  Please don't fault me for such horrendous pictures - you can't even see the details of the moon because of the reflection of the sun, however, you can make out where the eclipse is taking place ... so for your pleasure, here are the shots I took:

Shot #1 at 9:16 PM before I knew how to zoom the camera:





Shot #2 at 10:58 PM after I learned how the zoom the camera:



 Shot #3 at 2:30 AM:



 Shot #4 at 3:12 AM:


Shot #5 at 3:42 AM:

Shot #6 at 5:43 AM:





I know you can't really see anything in shot #5, but if you look real hard you can see it.  Obviously, you can see I don't know how to take pictures very well, but is was quite the experience - I woke up Maki and Ethan, but Ashton wouldn't wake up for anything. Also, the gap between the timing of shot 5 and 6 is because I fell asleep ... sorry Charley!

If I was seeing things or not, but it looked to me that when the moon was in full eclipse, it was centered directly in the middle of the constellation Pisces - if anyone knows for sure if this is the case, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric, I saw the same thing from my back porch in Hudson. You at least had the vision to photo it lol! Thanks for sharing Capt Skip

    ReplyDelete