Saturday, February 20, 2010

How many have you posted?

How many 'first-time' blog entries have you posted?

Just for the fun of it, I decided to start this blog off and ponder the question of how many 'first-time' blog posts I have created over the years. I am not talking about just the blog posts of old blogs created, deleted, or abandoned, but also the posts in blogs created in all the social networking sites and the such. Just to count a few off the top of my head ... at least 4 first-time posts of deleted blogs, 6 social network sites, and 2 current blogs; all said and done, that makes at least 12 first-time posts in blogs.

WOW!

If all of these original posts were still running, that would be a lot of writing going on. I would not have time to do anything other than write ... thank goodness for the delete button! As a side note, if you are ever going to delete a blog, make sure you save all of the work you put into it. I copy and paste every article or post and save it to my computer. First, I create a content folder on the desktop of my computer, then any and everything I write, finished or not, I save in this folder. I've re-posted many articles I've written in many places, so it is good to save you work off the Internet and on to your hard-drive of your computer.

One thing I try to do with my blogs is to have each one have it's own theme or content style. My other true blog right now is for cooking called 'What He Cooks: A Chef's Kitchen at Home!' where I only write about my hobby of cooking. I was previously a professional Japanese Teppan-yaki Chef for 12 years, and I've learned a lot of things; I, also, fight in the kitchen with my wife and put it on display, too. Another example is my blog at myspace.com called Poetic Unjust and, of course, I only post the poetry I create. And, for a final example is my blog at Yuwie.com called Comment Graphics, in which I only post graphics I've created to leave comments on people's pages in social networks.

As you can see, finding material for 'first-time' posts or 'anytime' posts is rather easy to do if you determine a singe theme or idea of what information you want to give out on your blog. If you've picked a theme based on a skill, hobby, or passion you have, then writing content for a blog is easy to do. So bear with me about this blog, I am still just playing with the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment