Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Be Proud of Yourself and Your Offer!

Here is my official 'two-cents' worth of advice towards the users of the new Internet phenomenon Sweeva; therefore, hello all Sweeva-holics...go home for awhile...your families miss you!!

Anyway, this is going to be very short and un-important, but I will make the suggestion none the less.  So, here it starts ... the design of Sweeva is for us to actively participate with other users during the time our offer will be displayed.  Thus, rendering it really important that we're around when that time does come ... Sweeva members have come to expect timely responses to  any questions or site issues they want you to fix.  And, it is during this process that people give out ratings on each others' pages ... in particular, the thumbs up and thumbs down rating located underneath the chat section on the right-side of the surf screen.

Although very unfair, some members choose to always vote thumbs down, just for thier kicks and grins, even though in the long run, it is disruptive to true ratings of websites or offers.  Because of this little 'bump in the road,' I fight back by voting on my own site...thus, the true reason behind this post:

"DON'T FORGET TO GIVE YOUR OWN SITE A 'THUMBS UP' RATING!"

Active and engaged members routinely use this rating while surfing, continually giving out thumbs up or thumbs down ... I just didn't know how many people knew they could rate themselves, thumbs up, of course.  Go on, go back and get your Sweeve on or go to where ever you came from...no more here!

Warm Regards, Eric

P.S. The fish are hungry for some food, does anyone have some old bread?

P.S.S. Does this post deserve a thumbs up? I know it got one already!!

P.S.S.S. I created a Sweeva banner for my personal promotions, and other Sweevers may use it if they'd like ... first, click the banner to open it in a new window for full-size view (it's animated), then just right-click and save it your computer:

2 comments:

  1. I like the self-rating idea, but I disagree with your suspicions about down-thumbing. People have their reasons for not liking stuff and it's not always about being mean.
    People need to stop being offended by negative rankings and focus on how they can make their offers better.

    Yes, I have given things thumbs down, but I always have a specific reason that I generally will make public. I want people to feel and be successful because I am genuinely a nice person. But sometimes the best encouragement a person can get means being told that their page isn't that compelling and maybe is downright unattractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @erythisis - it is not a suspicion because there was a member of TE Live that openly said they are thumb downing every site. And, you get people that join just to disrupt with negative comments and the such...that is what I was referring to, not people's genuine likes and dislikes.

    ReplyDelete